recognized by CareChex®, a division of The Delta Group, for patient safety and medical excellence achievements in numerous categories in its 2013 hospital quality award rankings.
Saint Francis ranked #1 in Connecticut in the following twenty clinical and surgical areas for patient safety and medical excellence:
- Overall Hospital Care – Patient safety
- Overall Surgical Care – Patient safety
- Cardiac Care – Patient safety
- Major Cardiac Surgery – Patient safety
- Coronary Bypass Surgery – Patient safety
- Interventional Coronary Care – Patient safety
- Joint Replacement – Patient safety
- Major Bowel Procedures – Patient safety
- Major Neuro-Surgery – Patient Safety
- Major Orthopedic Surgery – Patient safety
- Stroke Care – Patient safety
- Trauma Care – Patient safety
- Major Cardiac Surgery – Medical excellence
- Coronary Bypass Surgery – Medical excellence
- Interventional Coronary Care – Medical excellence
- Joint Replacement – Medical excellence
- Major Bowel Procedures – Medical excellence
- Orthopedic Care – Medical excellence
- Major Orthopedic Surgery – Medical excellence
- Spinal Surgery – Medical excellence
“These distinct honors reflect our dedication to providing quality patient care and safety toward our mission of achieving and maintaining the highest level of successful clinical outcomes,” said Christopher Dadlez, President and CEO, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center. “Saint Francis has established its deserved place as a top performer in Connecticut and the country, raising the bar when it comes to overall patient quality and safety,” added Dadlez.
CareChex has also ranked Saint Francis in the top 10% of hospitals in patient safety across the nation in 23 medical and surgical categories.
"CareChex allows the public to make informed decisions regarding the quality of medical care provided by hospitals,” said Dr. Thane Forthman, managing principal at The Delta Group. “We are pleased to acknowledge that Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center has achieved an exceptionally high level of performance across all components of medical quality. Saint Francis' performance is a benchmark that other hospitals should seek to emulate."
CareChex is a hospital quality rating service of The Delta Group, a national healthcare information services company that provides clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction findings to consumers, providers, and purchasers of U.S. medical care. Unlike other publicly available hospital quality ratings, CareChex provides a comprehensive evaluation of all components of medical quality including process of care, outcomes of care, and patient satisfaction.
A link to the methodology can be found at: http://www.carechex.com/ScoringRatingMethods.aspx
About The Delta Group
The Delta Group is a leading healthcare information services and consulting company dedicated to providing an extensive array of products and services designed to measure, manage, and monitor the clinical, financial, and market performance of healthcare organizations. For more information, go to www.thedeltagroup.com.
About Saint Francis Care
Saint Francis Care is an integrated healthcare delivery system established by Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, an anchor institution in north central Connecticut since 1897. Licensed for 617 beds and 65 bassinets, it is a major teaching hospital and the largest Catholic hospital in New England. Other major entities of Saint Francis Care include The Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital, the Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute, the Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute of Connecticut, the Saint Francis/Mount Sinai Regional Cancer Center, the Joyce D. and Andrew J. Mandell Center for Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Care and Neuroscience Research, and Saint Francis HealthCare Partners. Its services are supported by a network of five major Access Centers and eight additional medical office centers sited throughout the region. For more information, visit www.stfranciscare.com.