Caption: KBE Building Corp.’s Northeast regional office in Connecticut donated 200 Thanksgiving meal kits to nine CT community and non-profit organizations for the benefit of 200 needy families. Photo Credit: KBE Building Corp.
FARMINGTON, CT, Nov. 24, 2015
– Two hundred needy Connecticut families will enjoy their own classic Thanksgiving dinner, courtesy of volunteers from KBE Building Corp.’s Mid-Atlantic regional office and Harris Teeter grocery stores.
During the firm’s 7th annual “Gift of Gobble” event on Nov. 21, KBE personnel assembled 40 meal kits containing all the ingredients of a classic Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, corn, beans, potatoes, yams, rolls, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and a roasting pan.
The meal kits were donated to the following organizations on Nov. 21:
- American Legion Post 12 – Norwalk, CT
- Cardinal Shehan Center – Bridgeport, CT
- Catholic Charities of Hartford – Hartford, CT
- Columbus House – Middletown and New Haven, CT
- Farmington Community Services – Farmington, CT
- Fish Food Pantry – Torrington, CT
- Gemma Moran United Way/Labor Food Center – New London, CT
- Jewish Senior Services – Fairfield, CT
- Wounded Warrior – East Hartford, CT
KBE purchased all food items from Bozzuto’s, Inc., and W.B. Mason donated the boxes.
KBE’s Mid-Atlantic office in Maryland also assembled and delivered 40 meal kits to needy families across the state. It’s All Because of 50 Ways
“Gift of Gobble” is the signature event within KBE’s corporate philanthropic program, 50 Ways to Make a Difference.
Established in 2009 to celebrate the firm’s new ownership, name change, and 50 years in business, 50 Ways has helped KBE associates donate more than $1.7 million and 9,000 volunteer hours to charitable causes benefiting children, seniors, and military veterans in Connecticut and Maryland. About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Farmington, CT, Norwalk, CT, and Columbia, MD, KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. KBE has managed more than $4 billion in construction volume over the last two decades alone and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine's top 400 construction companies nationally. Learn more at www.kbebuilding.com
For links to additional Gift of Gobble images, click here
### Media Contact:
KBE Director of Marketing