E. Cinqué Barlow has joined the Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center as a specialist for the Ryan White Case Management Program. In this role, Mr. Barlow will help patients navigate health care and other social services systems as well as help clinicians coordinate and implement care plans. Previously, Mr. Barlow served as the senior case manager for AIDS Connecticut.
“Cinqué brings to this position notable professional experience and passion for serving consumers living with HIV,” said Heidi Joseph, DNP, RN, vice president, Health & Wellness Center Operations, Wheeler. “He works collaboratively with all members of our health and wellness teams to optimize our consumers’ health and their connection to the community.”
Wheeler’s Ryan White Case Management Program provides individualized care, support and services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS, and their family members, through the organization’s Family Health & Wellness Centers at 10 North Main Street, Bristol; 75 North Mountain Road, New Britain; and 43 Woodland Street, Hartford.
The program is funded by a grant from the Community Health Center Association of Connecticut and through the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH). Direct services include:
- Medical Case Management/Treatment Adherence—to ensure timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services, and continuity of care
- Medical Transportation—to help individuals access core medical and support services
- Outpatient/Ambulatory Health Services—physical exams, behavioral health, medical screenings, medication management, education, counseling, and more
Wheeler offers and/or facilitates access to several additional services available to Ryan White Case Management Program participants, including:
- Early Intervention Services—HIV testing, targeted counseling, referral services, and linkages to care
- Emergency Financial Assistance—short-term assistance with utilities, housing, food, and medications
- Food Bank/Home Delivered Meals—food/non-food items and hot meals
- Health Insurance Premium and Cost Sharing—to facilitate access to comprehensive primary care and pharmacy benefits, as well as additional support for Medicare Part D out-of-pocket costs
- Housing Services—emergency, temporary, or transitional housing to enable an individual or family to access and maintain medical care
- Medical Nutritional Therapy and Nutrition Education/Counseling—nutrition assessment and screening, dietary/nutritional evaluation, and food and/or nutritional supplements based on medical provider recommendations
- Mental Health Services—outpatient psychological and psychiatric screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and counseling services
- Non-medical Case Management—assistance with accessing medical, social, community, legal, financial, and other needed services
- Oral Health Services—outpatient diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic services through dentists, dental specialists, dental hygienists, and licensed dental assistants
- Substance Abuse Services—screening, assessment, diagnosis, and/or treatment of substance use disorders
Services are available in English and Spanish. For more information, please contact (in Bristol) Subrina Manabat, Registered Nurse Care Manager, at 860.920.4100, or (in Hartford/New Britain) E. Cinqué Barlow, Ryan White Specialist, 860.224.6334, or Wheeler’s Navigation Center at 860.793.3500.
Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, Hartford
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Center at 43 Woodland Street, Hartford, is a community health center that provides medical and dental care for the whole family, as well as behavioral health care and a full range of alternative and complementary medicine, such as yoga, chiropractic care, acupuncture, exercise, and mindfulness. Our doctors, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors, and care facilitators work side-by-side as a team to meet your complete health care needs, in one location.
Wheeler's Health & Wellness Center, Hartford, is funded in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an operating division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Wheeler is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n)
Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health insurance welcome. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services. Improvements to the Family Health & Wellness Center are supported in part by the State of Connecticut Nonprofit Grant Program, the Connecticut Health & Educational Facilities Authority, the Maximilian E. and Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, and the Ensworth Charitable Foundation. Additional support is provided by Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation.
Wheeler provides comprehensive solutions that address complex health issues, providing individuals, families and communities with accessible, innovative care that encourages recovery, health and growth at all stages of life. Our integrated approach to primary and behavioral health, education and recovery creates measurable results, positive outcomes and hopeful tomorrows for more than 30,000 individuals across Connecticut each year. Learn more: www.wheelerclinic.org