Five innovative healthcare startups that participated in the Plug and Play Health Batch 14 program, Connecticut’s first Health Equity Accelerator, will be visiting Hartford June 28 and 29. The startups were part of an accelerator program along with the 12 other health startups selected from around the globe.
The startups include:
- Bloomlife—combines clinically validated wearables with data analytics to improve the health and wellbeing of women and their babies through personalized prenatal care.
- Care Advisors—helps millions of individuals gain rapid access to healthcare and social service benefits by automating the manual enrollment process taken on by healthcare providers.
- NourishedRx—sources healthy food vendors and gathers clinical context and preferences to make high-quality, individualized, nutritious meals accessible to the people who need it most.
- Sonavi Labs—creates AI-enabled medical devices and software that are intended to transform the way respiratory diseases and infections are detected and managed.
- Viora Health—improves health and reduces costs by implementing a personalized engagement solution to address social and behavioral determinants of health.
Innovative, Impactful Solutions
The goal of the combined effort is to discover innovative digital solutions that can have a significant impact on improving the delivery of care, patient experience, and outcomes and enhance the health startup ecosystem in the Hartford Region and beyond.
The five startups worked with Launc[H] and Hartford-based program partners, including CTNext, Hartford HealthCare, and Trinity College.
“This partnership is another big step forward for Hartford’s rapidly growing innovation ecosystem,” said Mayor Bronin. “Cultivating those connections between entrepreneurs and our city’s large, established institutions—whether it’s insurance companies, global manufacturing companies, or leaders in healthcare—is what makes our innovation ecosystem so strong.”
The startups receive assistance including mentorship, corporate connections, office hours with health experts, VC introductions, and industry-specific workshops from Plug and Play, and Launc[H] partners in Hartford. The activity will culminate with an Expo in June 2022.
Select members of the community are invited to connect with the five companies at an exclusive reception. In addition, office hours are available with each of the startups on Tuesday, June 28 and Wednesday, June 29.
Those interested in scheduling a meeting can use the Calendly links associated with each startup: